electrical safe zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
currently refurbishing my home, for existing sockets where can they be placed from the edge of a wall, i know the safe zone is 150mm from the edge so i presume you can move the socket as close as possible to this 150mm zone.
its not a new build so i believe that i do not have to be 350mm from the wall and at a height of 450mm

can anyone help me out?
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
do you have a building warrant for the work? If so then you could ask BC. Why don't you think the 350mm in the scot building standards handbook doesn't apply?? (just interested to know, not having a go). Just because 150mm from a corner is a safe zone doesn't mean you can't have accessories here (assuming you are right and for some reason the 350mm from a corner doesn't apply). Looking at the SBSA domestic handbook, it only mentions 350mm in regard to an internal corner, not an external one (and i don't mean inside/outside).

its not a new build so i believe that i do not have to be 350mm from the wall and at a height of 450mm

The mounting zone for new builds has become the standard height for accessories and to be honest, having raised my own they are far better.

I would say it's all part of "modernising" your house

I can (just about) remember the same conversations raising them off the skirting boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back