Electrics shocks

Sponsored Links
Don't fancy any anti static shoes and I don't think I will find any pretty leather soled shoes!!!

I haven't had any shocks since Friday... maybe I don't have a build up of static in me??

Is there a way of discharging the static on say a daily basis?

Esiest way i know is to hold a metal implement ie a spoon or knife and touch something like the cooker or washer, the spark will jump between them and not you.

Sponsored Links
A chap I used to know who suffered from the same problem would carry round a safety pin in his pocket and every so often touch it onto a door handle or anything metal to discharge himself. He was picking up the charge from nylon in the carpets at his work I think.

Esiest way i know is to hold a metal implement ie a spoon or knife and touch something like the cooker or washer, the spark will jump between them and not you.

This is the most effective way of discharging static without getting a belt.
As wingcoax says, the static will jump from metal to metal. Its an old trick when getting out of cars to touch the ignition key against the bodywork. But don't hold it by the plastic/rubber edge, you must have contact with the metal part of the key.

Only because last time the judge said that if you used your Prince Albert again it would mean a custodial sentence.... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back