electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A customer of mine wants an air curtain heater above a door but he also wants an isolating switch at light switch height, any ideas? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Plenty, not many of them printable, and all of them a variation on "tell him not to be such a **** and try having a proper door instead."

he has got a storage heater thats up the creek so i think this is another option

Sponsored Links
When he says isolating switch, does he just mean a way to turn it on and off, as if so then a contactor is the answer. If he actually wants an isolating switch for maintenance etc, then it would obviously depend on how powerful the air curtain heater is, if it's e.g. a 3kw thing, then a simple 20A DP switch would be fine, if it's a lot more, you might need a more industrial solution...

Use a DP 'cooker' switch?

If its 3ph then consider a 4-pole roto-lock isolator, even if its single phase, consider one, makes life a lot easier to lock-off the supply for servicing.

he has got a storage heater thats up the creek so i think this is another option
An air curtain will cost a hell of a lot more money to run. Since most of it goes out the door at ~20p/kw (if on an eco7 tarrif). :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back