electrolux EWD 1409I can't finish a wash-rinse-spin cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a 4 year old electrolux EWD 1409I washer/dryer. Recently from time to time it can't finish a wash-rinse-spin cycle. Sometimes we have to do wash, rinse, spin step by step. We never use the dryer. It's a building-in machine into the kitchen furniture. The filter is clean. The drainage pipe seems not blocked although I can't see the pipe behind the machine as its built-in arrangement.

The type is P6498489
PNC no is 914601235 00

We tried to get a alarm code which is E26.

Any advice what the problem is? Many thanks!

Hongwei

Sponsored Links
There is no E26 error. If you got up E20 (in user mode) that signals a drain problem.
If you entered service mode you may have read E21, 22, 23, or 24. But not E26...

Have you checked for blockage of the house plumbing where the waste hose connects?

Thanks for both replies, much appreciated.

We had problem with the house drainage before. Last winter my heater is not working due to blocked drainage and it's sorted out.

The washing machine drainage pipe is connected to outlet spigot of kitchen sink. The kitchen sink drain seems ok.

For the alarm code, I can't use the following method previously advised. I get a E36 (sorry for type error on previous post) after step 2 and after step 3 it will only show 2.12 (time to finish program of selector 1 position). So I assume E36 is a alarm code in user mode.

1. Turn the program selector to off
2. Press & hold the start button AND the first option button immediately to the left of it
3. Turn the program selector 1 position clockwise whilst holding the 2 buttons in
4. hold min 3 seconds until the led's flash
5. Release the buttons
6 Then turn the program selector slowly clockwise to position 10

Don't know what I can do next. Appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
I have a 4 year old electrolux EWD 1409I washer/dryer. Recently from time to time it can't finish a wash-rinse-spin cycle.

There can be a number of reasons for this.
Is it the spin cycle it is sticking on?
1- Pump may have small object in it jamming it from time to time.
2 - Pump toc ma be iffy.
3- Is there still water in it before it starts spin cycle?
It will not spin until most of the water is drained.
4- Uneven loads will also stop it spining (Spin inhibit)
5- Faulty rince valve soleniod failing intermitedly.
6 - motor fault

I decide at the moment to leave it and manage the wash. Thanks for all the advice and help.

I think the dryer element will of become damp with lack of use and even though you dont use it it will stop the wash from working now it usually gives error code ED4 but I have known it throw up an E36 error if you dont have a meter to check earth leakage then disconnect the four wires off the dryer element and try it on the wash failing that it could be the anologic pressure switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back