Elrctric Oil rads, any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of installing a radiator in my kitchen, however due to the difficulty and hassle of having to run pipework to where i want it, im thinking of considering alternative heating options.

I'm thinking of electric oil filled panel radiators.

Has anyone got these and if so, are they any good?

Sponsored Links
They put out heat. Is that what you mean by working? They're a lot more expensive to operate than a radiator attached to a gas (or LPG, even oil) central heating system. If you plan on using them more than occasionally, I'd suggest biting the bullet and running in the pipes.

I got one of these for occasional use in my office. Does a good job, but they are expencive to run.

clicky

They put out heat. Is that what you mean by working? They're a lot more expensive to operate than a radiator attached to a gas (or LPG, even oil) central heating system. If you plan on using them more than occasionally, I'd suggest biting the bullet and running in the pipes.

when you say expensive, how much are we talking about? I'm looking at only installing one in the kitchen as it currently has no heating. I'd only run it on a timer, probably run it for a total or 5 or 6 hours a day in intervals.

Delonghi do a 400w panel rad and they claim its as little as 2p her hour to run.

Sponsored Links
See
this

Gas is cheaper than elec by a factor of 3 or so but your boiler/pipes would lose a bit.
If you use it for 2 hours a day at 1kW for 100 days , that's 200kW hours - £25 or so electricity.

2p/hr would be the cheapest tariff, at night!

You mmight look at Plinth Heaters too, they take up no space at least.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back