En Suite Sizes for new Room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

First Post on here and must say, well done on such a brilliant and informative site. Have had so much info from this in the past few month helping wth our extension, so thanks again.

Im looking for some help please with sizes for an en suite bathroom that we are hoping to squeeze into a new bedroom we have created that is 2375mm (W) x 4892mm (L).

The door opening is standard 800mm and located in the top right hand corner of the room so really looking for any help or ideas that we can squeeze in an en suite shower room within the bedroom if possible?

With 3 kids, it would certainly help and would be really useful to put in while all the other building works going on but I have no idea hwo or where to start planning these.

Appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
If it will be 2375 wide (ie long), then you could have it 1800, or minimum 1500 wide

2200x800 is useable. You don't have to have an 800mm door - 686mm is plenty for an ensuite.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the help. I may not have came across right but the door opening I refer to is just the door into the bedroom and there is a bay window down at the bottom so wondering how I can fit en suite in without taking up too much room if anyone had ideas. Maybe even an L shaped en suite but really unsure of sizes.

Cheers

Jeds that's a great pic. Thank you.

What size is your shower and also dimensions of the room if you don't mind me asking as that could be perfect?

Cheers

2200x800 and the shower is 800x800. I reckon this is close to the minimum practical size. You could possibly go a shade less in length and I suppose you might get away with 750 width but I wouldn't like to say how comfortable that would feel. In mine above we also have the recess in the wall which does give a feeling of a bit more space than there actually is.

Thanks Jeds. Appreciated.

The info is great. Hoping I can trim the length down a little from 2200 so can save as much space as possible in the bedroom. The width of 800 seems perfect. The other option I was looking at was a corner en suite measuring 1500 x 1500 but that would cut it fine with the main door opening into the room.

Much appreciated
Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back