Endurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
'Scientists have found and filmed one of the greatest shipwrecks...'

Endurance: Shackleton's lost ship is found in Antarctic - BBC News

The silent footage of this ship is eerie, showing perfect preservation - even the name is clearly legible on the stern. I wonder how it would be possible to raise this artifact in such challenging conditions.
Then again, i still wonder how it was possible for Shakleton and his crew to make such a journey to find rescue. An amazing achievement.

Sponsored Links
I spotted that. I read about the search and TV prog a while back. Wonder when it will be shown?

'Scientists have found and filmed one of the greatest shipwrecks...'

Endurance: Shackleton's lost ship is found in Antarctic - BBC News

The silent footage of this ship is eerie, showing perfect preservation - even the name is clearly legible on the stern. I wonder how it would be possible to raise this artifact in such challenging conditions.
Then again, i still wonder how it was possible for Shakleton and his crew to make such a journey to find rescue. An amazing achievement.
It's being left where it is.

Now a site of historical interest and protected under the International Antarctic Treaty meaning nothing can be disturbed and nothing to be recovered.
Condition of the timbers look amazing due to the lack of wood eating worms in those waters.

Sponsored Links
Now a site of historical interest and protected under the International Antarctic Treaty meaning nothing can be disturbed and nothing to be recovered.

It will be a fitting tribute to the endurance and courage of Shakleton and his stalwart crew.

Back