energy efficient boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a new boiler in my house and was wondering which kind of boilers are the most energy efficient.
I live in a 3 bedroom house with one bathroom which I share with one other person.

Sponsored Links
As long as you get a Band A boiler there will not be any noticeable difference between them.

A combi will be the cheapest to run as it only heats the water as you need it, but in terms of efficiency will still be around 90-91%.

In reality, you will probably not be able to notice the difference between the lowest rated band b and the highest band a boiler on your gasbill. You can safe more money if you have the controls and settings optimised.
Programmable roomstat in stead of standard one, trvs turned down to the lowest setting that keeps the rooms comfortable, rads properly balanced and return temperature always below 55. Not to mention the fact that every degree less on the stat equals on average 4% reduction in gas use.
And like Dave said: a combi has the advantage of not heating up a cylinder irrespective of how much water is used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back