engineered oak floor hard wax oil query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I have fitted a floor as described. It came pre oiled etc. But it has a matt finish. And when it is walked on in muddy shoes the dirt remains in the grain after mopping. And need scrubbing with a brush to get it all out.

I spoke to the supplier and they said if I were to add another coat of hard wax oil then it would give it a more satin sheen and it would be more wipe cleanable.

They were a bit busy in there today so I still have a few other questions Im hoping someone here may be able to help with.

If I apply hardwax oil will I be able to do say half the room, wait for it to dry and then move all the furniture over and do the over half. Would it be noticable after it has all dried that it was done in 2 halfs.

Also I have read on here that if you put your furniture over the treated floor too early that it can cause discolouring or marking on the floor. What length of time would it take to thoughroughly dry out.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links
We have solid oak flooring and two dogs ant two cats. We live about 20 paces away from woods. Our oak flooring gets bl**dy filthy - just ask my wife. We mop the floor and use Danish oil. I wouldn't be too precious about the wood if I were you. Just live with it and treat it normally.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back