England v Croatia score?

Average bunch of young players who have very little competition punching above their waite. Did no more than Iceland did in the Euros. But they did well.

Sponsored Links
The facts are that we beat:
Tunisia
Panama
Sweden

Sorry but were lucky with a easy route to the semis. IMO this England team is the least talented we've ever had.

Remember glen hoddles world cup squad? Beckham, Gerrard, Owen, scholes, lampard, Ferdinand, etc

They were crap. The Sweeden game was good but the rest was gash.

Watched it in town. Depressing as fukc. Witnessed a load of lads having a punch up on the way home and to be honest I don't blame them. Going to be a long time until we bring it home.

Sponsored Links
The facts are that we beat:
Tunisia
Panama
Sweden

Sorry but were lucky with a easy route to the semis. IMO this England team is the least talented we've ever had.

Remember glen hoddles world cup squad? Beckham, Gerrard, Owen, scholes, lampard, Ferdinand, etc

Add John Terry to that.

Problem with them they were not a team. This lot were a team but at best above average players. Not a world class player amongst them

Sterling was like a dud hand grenade We all knew it would not go off. But you would still duck if it was chucked your way

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done team and manager.
ps...never seen my mother so excited by football ever...Thankyou for that too!

Looks like we can blame the press again. Modric said in a post match interview the UK press dismissive attitude towards the Croat team gave them extra motivation to beat England.

Southgate has done well getting rid of the crap older players like Hart and Rooney.

We faced two decent teams and lost to both of them.

We had a remarkably easy run into the semi final but you need luck to win any tournament.

I just hope we don't fall back onto the tired tropes that we just needed more passion and pride to win it.

Looks like we can blame the press again. Modric said in a post match interview the UK press dismissive attitude towards the Croat team gave them extra motivation to beat England.

Southgate has done well getting rid of the crap older players like Hart and Rooney.

Whatever anyone thinks outside the field means nothing on the day. The Croatians played sneekily and pulled through. Simple as.

I agree about Hart and Rooney especially, he was over-rated trash, not a team player, never was.

Whatever anyone thinks outside the field means nothing on the day. The Croatians played sneekily and pulled through. Simple as.

I agree about Hart and Rooney especially, he was over-rated trash, not a team player, never was.

I suppose one silver lining is that the Government will be unable to pass through some sneaky bill on the back of World Cup euphoria.

Sponsored Links
Back