Enterview 4 - battery backup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a enter view 4 system with remote release mag lock that fails safe when power is removed. I would like to put a battery backup in the main box for when the power fails but I don't know the size or capacity of the required battery and the manual doesn't specify. Does anyone know?

Sponsored Links
Is the enterview controller capable of taking a battery back up ? You could fit a 12 boxed psu and power your maglock via a relay but that won't keep your enterview unit up and running.

Thanks for the reply

It seems the unit is in a custom enclosure with battery fly leads:

8597774A-9155-4FB9-8E3B-A13EB41B7F8E_zpsx2nez6v2.jpg

16FFAFA4-72D2-40EC-9997-34940CE7F657_zpspcmadkgn.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like that's what they have done,any of the following will do 2.1ah, 2.8ah or 7.0 ah bigger the longer standby time, you may have to move the enterview psu to get a 7.0ah in the box.

Just one other thing did you take the fuse out of the psu ? As it looks as if it's not in use ?

Thanks for the info. I don't think it is in use, would that need some rewording from the enterview module point of view?

First thing put the fuse that's in the bottom of the panel into the fuse block, the power supply lights should now be on, if that's all ok you will need a 12v relay connect the coil to your enterview lock output and wire the maglock via the relay...

Thanks again, are you able to tell me exactly what type of relay I need to buy? (Sorry, this is new territory for me!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back