Erratic hot water from immersion heater.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My usual supply of hot water seems to be much diminished over recent weeks following a day when the mains connection was turned off for the whole street. This may simply be a coincidence as the HW comes from an immersion heater in a hot water cylinder. There is enough HW for one shower in the morning but following this all water is tepid for the rest of the day. Is it possible for the element to be intermittently faulty – I thought they either worked properly or not at all? I do not think there can be any problem with the timer as there is some hot water in the morning, in anycase I have set this to ON until the problem is resolved. Could it be the thermostat under the cap of the IH. This is set to the (correct) 65° but again, is this item likely to give intermittent faults?

Thanks very much for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Thermostat inside could be intermit. fault :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back