Estimating websites

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I was wondering if anyone has used any of the estimating websites out there? i have my own building company and my company is starting to get extremely busy, so much so that I am struggling to spend any time onsite as I am constantly pricing jobs.. so I was wondering if anyone used any of the estimating websites available and if so what do they think of the service they provide

Sponsored Links
pepsi78, Hi.

The market leader, at lease in the Insurance sector is Xactiware / Xactimate

This lump of software, originally American is now the market leader in the insurance market, as such it is versatile, down to drawing plans of each room, walls and windows / doors that will calculate the wall surfaces minus doors and windows.

Drawback is that it isn't cheap, but there are various so called "versions" of this software, but it is good with many, many ways, it can even work on an I Phone / Tablet

Upside is it is fast at doing things, once you, as all software packages, get proficient at using it.

Downside it is costly, and needs a licence to use.

Suggest you have a look at this, and Google other software estimating packages.

At present I am using three differing packages, for three different firms, of Insurers / Loss Adjusters.

it is not inconceivable that if you can find a local to you software package designer and give him a list of materials, costs, and times them it is possible that a specific package could be designed to your needs?

Fail in that, it is back to searching the net for a package that suite you,

However Xactimate is very costly so there has to be other alternatives, possibly someone in her can assist?

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back