EU tells Macron to wind his neck in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brexit news: Even Brussels left fuming by Macron's petty Brexit fishing tantrum | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

BRUSSELS has slapped down Emmanuel Macron for his repeated threats in a row over fishing rights, telling him to "cool the temperature".
France has warned it is ready to cut off the UK's energy supply if it does not grant more fishing licences to small votes. The comments made by Europe minister Clement Beaune on Tuesday were a significant escalation in the post-Brexit row.
Lord Frost said the rhetoric coming from Paris "is not really a fair reflection of the efforts we have made".
"For all the frustrations of the last 18 months, I can't think that we as a country have resorted to those sorts of threats," he said.

"We've not made those sort of direct threats to our neighbours.

"The vaccine export ban earlier this year is another example of where the EU resorts to these sorts of threats quite quickly – and that's not how we should behave.

Macron's already hopping mad because the EU have softened their stance on the NI protocol and will table new proposals in the next two weeks.

Brexit: New NI Protocol proposals to be tabled by EU - The Irish News

Looks like Macrons becoming a bit of an embarrassment to the EU.

Sponsored Links
I think he must be on the brink. Or the EU is on the brink. There is always someone or something on the brink regards France, Germany or the EU, according to The Tory Three.

I think he must be on the brink. Or the EU is on the brink. There is always someone or something on the brink regards France, Germany or the EU, according to The Tory Three.

Praise the Lord nosy you've seen the light.(y)

Sponsored Links
EU have softened their stance on the NI protocol and will table new proposals in the next two weeks.

are you sure?

"The proposals will focus on animal checks (SPS), customs, medicine supplies and providing a voice for Northern Irish representatives in the EU"

it sounds to me like the EU will propose a form of 3rd country mutual recognition agreement. (which will need UK alignment on some food standards like chilled meats)

"providing a voice for Northern Irish representatives in the EU"

that sounds to me more increasing NI integration with EU.

the EU are quite relaxed about the Northern Ireland Protocol -after all, Northern Ireland businesses have been rapidly aligning themselves within the single market -notably with RoI and France.

apart from the nutty DUP support for the NIP is high in NI

Yes, he is to The EU what Johnson is to The UK.

As for the Daily Express, that's just the Sun without Bristols. I laugh at their 'stories' on various news sites - spitting fire at The EU. Been predicting The EU will fall apart for years. Yet it's just as strong as ever, and ironically, it's The UK that's now a basket case that's falling apart at the seams. Unfortunately, people being taken in by bs stories in The Express has landed us in the mess we're in now.

Isn't that a bit like saying 'apart from the majority of people, support for the NIP is high'?

Perhaps you think 16% is the majority

Support for DUP falls to 16% after Poots election, poll shows

Support for pro-Brexit DUP slumps in Northern Ireland
Poll shows DUP’s base is defecting to the moderate Ulster Unionists and stubborn Traditional Unionists.

Sponsored Links
Back