Euro6 compliance

Yes, the ex-smokers.
The ones still smoking are paying over £10 for a packet of fags.
Indirectly, we are all poorer because the black market for cigarettes has become massive and the public purse does not make money from tobacco duty as much as before.
And the nhs saving is not there because people are still smoking, in fact, they're smoking tobacco from somewhere which could not be as refined as the one sold here and more harmful.

I'm guessing I'd be wasting my time, asking if you have any credible evidence to support either of those assertions? Certainly that second one isn't true. As fewer people smoke, the costs of treating smoking-related illness to the NHS has also fallen:

Yes, I give you that.
Never mind that to do something 3 miles away I can go by car in a few minutes, while to go on foot I would spend all day.
Very good for people who live on taxpayer's expenses.

I think that's why pushbikes were invented... :rolleyes:

Of course, and they've learned how to instill fear in the poor so to screw them left right and centre with heavier and heavier taxes.
Everyone gets taxed. The poorest and the very richest, tend to pay less tax than the "squeezed middle". The poorest, understandably so. The richest, because they can afford smart accountants and they can "offshore" their money.

Sponsored Links
Surely even for someone like you doesn't mean...

I know it's difficult, but try your best.
One might be rich because they won the euromillion or they inherited a fortune, or even because they found a gap in the market and made good business.
All without any political "help"

Some others, and this means NOT all of them, lobby politicians to get richer.
Again, I know it's extremely difficult to understand, but think about the plastic giants, or the insulation/ solar panels producers and the same automotive industry which is now set to make trillions with this rush to "green" vehicles.
I won't go into the pollution discussion of disposing of billions of vehicles and producing new ones all in one go; that's a subject for people with a bit more than 3 neurons.

That bit about the motor industry is quite funny (to someone who works in it)! The transition to EVs is actually REDUCING profits for most car manufacturers. EVs, quite simply, cost more to build. Believe me, it wasn't the car industry who were pushing for the phase-out of ICEs! Have you any idea how much the fines are, for failing to meet your ZEV mandate quota?

Read up about the magic word "or".
Take your time.

I perfectly well already know, but thanks for the offer.

That your "reasoning" is so flip-floppy and inconsistent, as to be reduced to grasping to "or" for your salvation though.............

..... which wasn't even my sole post on the matter.

The transition to EVs is actually REDUCING profits for most car manufacturers. EVs, quite simply, cost more to build.
Given that this is fast becoming a reality if (not already accepted) it seems quite likely that we will see one of the big manufacturers cease car production altogether. Currently Ford appear to be immersed in some high-viscosity brown stuff, as they appear to have lost billions of dollars on EV vehicle investments. I guess success as an ongoing EV producer is far from easy to achieve, but once a manufacturer gets so far behind their competitors it must be difficult to recover.

Sponsored Links
Given that this is fast becoming a reality if (not already accepted) it seems quite likely that we will see one of the big manufacturers cease car production altogether. Currently Ford appear to be immersed in some high-viscosity brown stuff, as they appear to have lost billions of dollars on EV vehicle investments. I guess success as an ongoing EV producer is far from easy to achieve, but once a manufacturer gets so far behind their competitors it must be difficult to recover.

You could well be right. Toyota also seems to have "bet the farm" on hydrogen, and is now playing catch-up on battery electric. My big fear, is that this was what the Chinese have been waiting for. They're generally reckoned to be world leaders in battery tech, they control a lot of the mineral resource, and their production costs are very low. "Interesting times"!

I perfectly well already know, but thanks for the offer.

That your "reasoning" is so flip-floppy and inconsistent, as to be reduced to grasping to "or" for your salvation though.............

..... which wasn't even my sole post on the matter.
Well, it seems that you need to be fed explanations with a teaspoon.
The word "or" makes all the difference in what I wrote.
Ask someone close to you to explain.
I won't waste more time hopelessly.

Back