eurocombi a23 tap high for hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have an Ariston Eurocombi a/23 MFFI that wont produce hot water when I turn on my combi shower + I have to turn my hot tap on full to get hot water or even turn it on and off a few times very fast to get the boiler to kick in. (heating works fine + no weird noises coming from boiler at all).

When I dont try hot water the diverter valve pin is set back but when I turn on hot tap the pin moves out but doesnt touch the micro switch.
Is this a diverter valve issue or a micro switch issue? + if a diverter valve issue can it be fixed (preferable if doable) or does it need replacing (as it is quite expensive) or can I just bend the mico switch a little (probably not the best or safest option).

The hot water tap needs to be on full for the switch to get to the point in the image anything below full on and its only half way between!

20151129_133015.jpg

20151129_133030.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advice you could give.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
WOW. Thanks for the quick reply. Really appreciate the help

Do you mean the diaphram in round brass bit at the end of the diverter valve?
Are they easy to fit?
Do I need to drain the boiler down?
How do I get to the screws (can I undo the grub screws on the neck of the diverter valve to remove and gain better access + if so do I need new seals?)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
All fixed now and working better than it has for 10 years.
The boiler is 15 years old and has only ever needed a pump, secondary heat exchanger and now a dv diaphragm so cant complain at all + only took 10 mins to do and cost £30 for parts.

Thanks for the help. It is very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back