Europe

O

oompah

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8670553.stm
We are not part of the euro zone in terms of the euro but as still chancellor until such time the libs/tories stop procastinating Darling is negotiating on our behalf I wonder if G Brown is in constant touch urging
him to stitch up the incoming lot.

Sponsored Links
Problem is though, as part of the EU, the UK will be lumbered with a big part of Greek debt. Irrespective of whether we were in the euro or not.
The EU have seen to that. We are committed to supporting the EU whether we like it or not.
Last week in the press, some financial experts were putting the cost of supporting the EU over the Greek debt at around £600 million to the British taxpayer. This could well be an underestimate.
Whatever way you look at it, recession or not, we have now been placed firmly in the proverbial s**t because of the EU.
I reckon your right in the assertion that Brown is urging Darling to stitch up the Tories and Lib Dems though. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

There are other news articles on the telegraph and timesonline saying as much.

Sponsored Links
...and all for a country that prefers to burn bank workers to death instead of pay a few more % tax. Disgusting.

And of course we'll end up propping up any "rescue" plan. :rolleyes:
Yup. Cause were gonna need our own one from the EU soon enough :LOL: 2 steps behind Greece - But our house prices are rising :idea: yipee

Back