Eurosec CPX keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help I took my CPX keypad off the wall whilst I was repapering. I have tried putting back on connecting the four wires red black white green to +12v, OV, d1 and d2 in this order but keypad won't power up. I have changed glass keypad fuse in main unit and this has made no difference. I was thinking I may have put the wires in the wrong slot or the transistor I wrote it all down but could have hot mixed up. I also have Transistor in the +12v and data 1 slots red and white cable wires.

Is anyone able to provide any help as to hey keypad is not powering up?

The alarm unit is a cpl8 the main unit is fine it is just the keypad. I can see power is getting to this.

Thanks

Nikki

Sponsored Links
The resistor goes across 12+ and D1, your connection sounds correct , you will need a multimeter to check the voltage at the keypad across 12 and 0 volts ..

Hi sparkymarka,

Thanks so much for the reply. When you say 12 and 0 do you mean D1 for the 0? and if this isn't working do I need to replace whole keypad? It was working and had no issues until I took off the wall to repaper - wont be doing that again.

Here is a picture of the back of the keypad. Does the wiring and transistor look ok? The other screws where there is no wire are also screwed in not sure if these should be screwed out or not? Sorry for all the questions am a complete novice.

Thanks in advance

Nikki.

Attachments

• WP_20160401_09_44_17_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160401_09_44_17_Pro.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 342
Looks ok , but you need to check for 13.8 v across .....12v and 0v with a multimeter , what's that black wire ( not connected ) Post a picture

Sponsored Links
Hi

Ok will do try that thanks. I think my dad has a multimeter somewhere. If it isn't active does that mean i need to replace the keyboard or transistor? The free black wire is bundled up with a red green and white wire all twisted together and taped up and there is also a yellow and green twisted together and taped up. These were like this when i took the other wires out and removed the keypad.

Thanks

Nikki

Hi,

I haven been able to find a multi-meter. I am going to buy one and will report back. Can you let me know if there is anything see i can try in the interim?

Thanks

Nikki.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back