Evicting Looter's Family - What Do You Reckon Will Happen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The mother of an 18 year old who was involved in violence and looting n Clapham common, has been served with an eviction notice by Wandsworth council.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...larkes-family-evicted-Wandsworth-Council.html

So, will the result be;

A) The feckless ne'er-do-well chav and his mother will be promptly thrown out onto the street

OR

B) The mother will claim infringement of human rights. She will fight the council through the courts, costing the taxpayer minimum £250,000, plus the council's legal costs. The will receive a few grand compo. The oxygen thieves will then continue to live in their taxpayer subsidised flat for as long as they want.

I wonder! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
At a guess, evicted. Back to housing and claiming to be homeless.

Council have no right to rehouse, but as you say "human rights" will be administered.
Council will assist in her finding private accomodation, then pay the higher rent in benefits.

So who wins?

Whilst I do agree with evicting them and the others like them, I think the Council has jumped the gun a bit. I'm surprised that they've already served an Eviction Notice before he has been convicted. At this moment in time, he's a 'suspect' rather than a convicted criminal.

as much as we want to see these thugs and criminals punished, and those feckless parents held to accoutn for raising their children so poorly, i dont think its fair to punish an entire family in this manner for the actions of 1 individual and i doubt the council will go through with these evictions.

I suppose they could always downgrade their accomodation, so if they have a house, stick them in a small flat. they dont deserve government help but then you can't just dump people out onto the streets.

Sponsored Links
Why are they just evicting one family? Was there only one council tenant caught? Why not all of them? It's all just waffle. It won't happen and we all know it.

How will they punish home owners? Not really a fair punishment.

Sell their houses to pay for the damage.

I'm surprised that they've already served an Eviction Notice before he has been convicted. At this moment in time, he's a 'suspect' rather than a convicted criminal.
You haven't worked out yet that we're all 'guilty until begrugingly accepted as innocent' - for the time being!

Excellent.

Tenants sign a contract stating that any tenant found to break the law will be evicted. By doing so is classed as making your self intentionally homeless so no the council doesn't pay for anymore housing benefit.

Eviction takes months so wise to start now if they're found not guilty then its cancelled no harm done.

I liked the quote from the mother "he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time" :LOL:

I dont think that will hold up in court somehow as he chose to be in the wrong place and the wrong time. Someone needs to explain this to her.

What about those car pinching chavs? Why aren't they evicted? Or shop lifters?

Tax evaders , pedos , murderers, politicians who milk the system, used car dealers who sell lemons , drink drivers, rude people , internet trolls, feck it , lets just make everyone homeless. :LOL:

They should be moved into a wreck of a place and because of the realisation of their errant ways they "do it up". :D

Tax evaders , pedos , murderers, politicians who milk the system, used car dealers who sell lemons , drink drivers, rude people , internet trolls, f**k it , lets just make everyone homeless. :LOL:
I thought that we'd established that they already are and referred to as "travellers" :evil: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back