Excessive Electricty Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is a long shot but I hope that somebody in the Forum can help me with some technical advice. I live in Cyprus at the foot of the Troodos Mountains and for some unexplained reason my electricy bills are far more than orther expats in similar circumstances. I have a washer, one 3 Kw convector heater (which is only on in the evening for a max of 3 hours), normal white goods and a electric cooker. Many of my friends in the area have the same items as me and similair usage, but also have such things as electric dryers, yet their electricity bills are less than half mine.

The only difference between us is that my meter is approximately 100 yards away from my house, secured to the forth electricity pole from my house. There is no question of anyone "tapping off" in the tail to my house because there are no buildings close to me and anyway with overhead transmission wires it would be obvious. My question is this - Could the 100 yards of transmission wire (on my side of the Meter) be causing some sort of load for which I end up paying for?

I complained to the local electricity Board and all they did was come to my Meter, strap a 1Kw fan heater to the meter and compare the rotations against their wrist watch! After a minute they said the Meter was OK. I am not sure of the accuracy of this type of test, nor at the time did I mention to them my concerns at the distance between my house and the meter (quite simply because I didm't think of it!).

Are my concerns valid or am I going off at a tangent?

Many thanks - and any advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
I suggest that this topic is not replied to as it is being replied here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back