Excessive gas consumption

Sponsored Links
Yeah probably but stickin stat up to 27 would not make it get there any quicker

But with weather compensation and programmable room stat with optimum start and zoning....

Works very efficiently- although my boilers weather comp is not the best implementation....

Yeah probably but stickin stat up to 27 would not make it get there any quicker

i was thinking of heat being lost wilst boiler trying to heat property,
but i shouldn't think too hard eh :LOL:

but am i right in saying it will take longer?

Sponsored Links
Can somebody tell this guy that a combi wasn`t built to heat an 18 rad install and provide hot water as well.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Can somebody tell this guy that a combi wasn`t built to heat an 18 rad install and provide hot water as well.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why not... it might have limited hot water performance but the heat output on a properly controlled system should be fine.

Don`t know the dimensions of the property but it`s gotta pretty big to have 18 rads, at this size I would imagine a few bathrooms, possibly a few thermostatic showers, a 30 kilowatt combi p*sses it`s pants to supply a kitchen sink, wash basin,bathroom and a shower in an average 3 bedroom home are you telling me a combi can provide all the heating and hot water needs at once in a home incorporating 18 radiators just to heat it? :eek:

Totally dependant on the hot water requirements.

There is one thing moaning about a combi not providing enough hot water for multiple bathrooms, but when properly controlled, 25kW should be enough.

I can think of a dozen houses on our books that will have 19 or so rads and are running off 24kW with no problems at all.

Why not... it might have limited hot water performance but the heat output on a properly controlled system should be fine.

Don`t know the dimensions of the property but it`s gotta pretty big to have 18 rads, at this size I would imagine a few bathrooms, possibly a few thermostatic showers, a 30 kilowatt combi p*sses it`s pants to supply a kitchen sink, wash basin,bathroom and a shower in an average 3 bedroom home are you telling me a combi can provide all the heating and hot water needs at once in a home incorporating 18 radiators just to heat it? :eek:

as mike fish said ,, there will be cold spells but will warm up later in the day ;)

if your heating yours off 7kw dan (6 rads plus underfloor )
then 20 plus rads can be heated from a 25 kw,
but the DHW will be sh@@te

boiler will be on full slog for most of the time tho. :rolleyes:

I can think of a dozen houses on our books that will have 19 or so rads and are running off 24kW with no problems at all

Hot water`s probably a dribble in most of the bathrooms, you get the point, don`t pretend you don`t, then again you have probably never fitted anything bigger than a combi, if you have fitted at all, ( doubtful )

The flow will be whatever the boiler can do (14l/min give or take in this case)

Newgas, As your learning - my boiler does 24kW for hot water on demand and has a flow rate of 22l/min @ 40degree . With a capacity of 200 litres every 20 minutes

No helping you lot!!!

Remember on a combi the HW is on demand - so as long as the hot requirements are within tolerable levels the fact that it is a combi doesn't matter a sh1t. They are burning what they need for hot water. think about your hot water usage and wonder whether that interruption would make that much of a difference.

I am going for a lovely 20l/min shower and to top up my G&T... back in ten (or so).

I can think of a dozen houses on our books that will have 19 or so rads and are running off 24kW with no problems at all

Hot water`s probably a dribble in most of the bathrooms, you get the point, don`t pretend you don`t, then again you have probably never fitted anything bigger than a combi, if you have fitted at all, ( doubtful )

No they are not all combis. Some are open vented, some are unvented.

And trust me, whilst I do not do commercial/industrial, I have done a few fairly respectable installs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back