Exchange Feeder Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked to take out an old metal feeder tank, replace it with a plastic one and fit an isolater valve. The pipework on the old tank are probably imperial sizes - they look slightly bigger than the modern 15mm. Are there any compression fittings available which I can use to connect the old pipework to the new?

Sponsored Links
des_enzano said:
I've been asked to take out an old metal feeder tank, replace it with a plastic one and fit an isolater valve. The pipework on the old tank are probably imperial sizes - they look slightly bigger than the modern 15mm. Are there any compression fittings available which I can use to connect the old pipework to the new?

15MM & 1/2 Inch are the same size (a bit tight sometimes) and you can get 3/4 olives for the 22mm fittings ;)

Thanks for that. My understanding is that the 1/2" pipe is measured on the inside diameter whilst the 15mm is measured on the outside diameter so depending on the wall thickness I can see how there wouldn't be much difference.

Thanks again.

Buy normal conex or compression fittings & ask for imperial sized olives.

Sponsored Links
des_enzano said:
Thanks for that. My understanding is that the 1/2" pipe is measured on the inside diameter whilst the 15mm is measured on the outside diameter so depending on the wall thickness I can see how there wouldn't be much difference.

Thanks again.
As Bamber says ;) plus when you get a 22 solder fitting on a 3/4 pipe ...............you will see the difference :LOL:................on 15mm 1/2 inch it`s more academic

At the local builders merchants you can get 16mm-15mm compression joints and 17mm-15mm end feed connectors.
In my 1930's house the 1/2'' imperial pipe is 16mm od.
So if one builders merchant stock them I presume others will

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back