Expanding Foam....

I recall a colleague, that had a tin of expanding foam in the back of his van, and yes, the lid got knocked off, the tin emptied it's contents, and he had to dig/chisel his way into the back of the van..

I had the same with a can of foam spray cleaner, and it went off in the back of my van, the back of the van was a mess..but suddenly hearing a loud "Hisssss" in the back, was scary. But on the upside, very clean.

Sponsored Links
But on the upside, very clean.

:D

I've had a can of the cleaner rebound off some tissue and spray back into my eyes, with the foam.

Not something I'd recommend, but I've had worse in them.

The builders were saying one of their cans went off in the van too.

One of those Siroflex cans I have did it when I tried unscrewing it. It wasn't flowing and the gun was clear, so I assumed it was jammed or empty. Low and behold, on unscrewing, it empties onto the floor - which should be pretty tricky for it to do if it was functioning normally.

I was about to sand the floor anyway, so it didn't matter. I got artistic with the foam and made a green mushroom cloud growing out of the floor before binning it.

The foam it's self is great, but they need to keep modifying those valves. I think something in the foam, like it's blowing agent, is actually attacking the seals on some of them. They are extremely volatile and (used to be) full of halogens, which usually means it'll have an affect on rubbers.

my mate threw a can fairly hard because it would nt stop coming out it hit an old radiator in the garden and exploded like snow i fell on the floor laughing and he had to shave his head cos he got covered in it we use gun application cans now and as for buying plastic nozzles for tight spaces if you leave some foam on the end of your gun then put a silcone nozzle over it you can then unscrew it and it leaves the thread pattern on the end of the gun so you can just use a silicone nozzle when ever you need to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back