Expansion Tank Feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi seen to be having problems with the Expansion tank...i heard the tank filling overnight when the heating was off I checked this morning and thought the part 2 ball valve was faulty so changed that over however ..
The expansion tank is not overflowing. The water level in the ET is constant as it seems to be filling and exiting at the same rate. I cant see any leaks anywhere.

Has anybody any ideas why the water is constantly trickling in even on the lowest setting ...like ive mentioned its not forcing the Overflow to empty but I'm wondering why the water isnt cutting out.

Cheers

Neil

Sponsored Links
Yeah thought that may be the case cant see where any obvious leaks are defo not upstairs gonna have to check my building and contents insurance see if imncovered ...anybody recommend a company local to Doncaster?

Have you got an external drain cock for draining central heating ?
Are your floors downstairs solid concrete or is there a void below wooden floorboards ,where heating Pipework is running ?

Sponsored Links
Hi Terry the central heating was drained down before via a ground floor radiator (attached to pipework hose attached then drained down) The floors downstairs are comcrete I did notice the one wall in the dining room near the floor smelt a bit damp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back