expansion tank overflowing problem

My feed tank is 10ft lower than my highest point, I have one and a half radiators, fitted a new hydro turbine off a nuclear sub, thought it would get the rads hot quicker, lots of noise and air in the system and geiger counter going apeshiite :oops:

Sponsored Links
yes, seems strange PVM, the spec sounds spot on. That apprentice f**k'd up again.

(LMAO)

brumylad said:
(sorry I was a bit slow writting this post now I'm out of date)

Doh !

First thing, try turning the pump to the middle or lowest setting.

DO NOT close the gate valve.

Other possibilities: Are you sure the float controled valve in the expansion tank is not dripping, it sounds like the volume of water in the expansion tank is to great and overflows when the water expands as it heats up?

try running the system with cold water (boiler turned off) and see what happens then.

I just changed the float controled valve and set the level ok, no dripping. just moved pump to middle setting, shall see what happens in the morning!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back