Expansion Vessel Mounting & Appliance Wastes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Finishing off a small kitchenette for a log cabin and am planning the plumbing waste and hot water supply. Have several queries which hope someone can help with:

1. Installing a 15L Aquapoint III water heater. This requires an expansion vessel as the pipe run to nearest cold water draw off is not long enough. Can the expansion vessel be mounted with the inlet on the top or must it be on the bottom? Does the orientation of the vessel matter?

2. There will have to be an expansion relief valve fitted which needs a drain to outside which must be visible. All pipe runs are in 15mm. Can the drain from the expansion valve be in 15mm also? It says in the installation guide that if the drain length is less than 3m then it can be 15mm but want to double check first. Apart from protecting the drain point with a cage are there any specific regulations on where this should drain into?

3. Installing both a washing machine and dishwasher which will be next to each other. However the washing machine will be furthest from the sink and the waste hose will not be long enough. I can run an additional 40mm waste pipe from the sink waste round the corner to be nearer the appliances. Would it be better to have the dishwasher into the P trap for the sink and the washing machine into a separate waste pipe teed off the main waste from the sink? If I run another 40mm waste for the washing machine, can I just position the waste hose into the top of the 40mm waste pipe or is it better to fit a purpose made nozzle?

Any additional advice or suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Are you G3 accredited, if so you should not need to ask, if not you shouldn't be doing the job :?: :!:

I thnik you will find that G3 only applies to over 15 li. However, the same safety criteria will apply although the explosion will be smaller.

Where is the drainage from all that lot going to?

And particularly the toilet?

Tony

Sponsored Links
I thnik you will find that G3 only applies to over 15 li. However, the same safety criteria will apply although the explosion will be smaller.

Where is the drainage from all that lot going to?

And particularly the toilet?

Tony

What toilet :?:

Sorry I asked now! The heater is under 15L so doesn't come under those regs. I did state this in my query.

The waste for 'all this' goes to a main soil pipe which is connected directly to a new sewage treatment plant. The soil pipe runs underneath the cabin and then into the underground treatment plant. I never mentioned anything about a toilet! However the toilet is already plumbed in to the main soil pipe.

Now can anyone offer any advice on the queries posed?

fit some self venting taps on the sink.they are quite expensive though

Why would I need self venting taps. This is an unvented water heater! That's the whole point of the unit, you don't need special taps.

Never mind, I've worked it out myself....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back