Expansion vessel....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It appears my expansion vessel is coming to the end of the road.....the model of boiler is a Ravenheat fan/combi 820T......I would appreciate an approximate cost of installing a replacement vessel?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
What makes you think it needs replacing? The vessel itself is about £80+vat, and it'll cost you quite a bit to get it done as the boiler has to be removed from the wall to access the vessel. Allow half a day, so say £200-ish. @ecowarrior is near you and might be interested, or he might suddenly discover he's very busy. I wouldn't blame him

If you have room, an external expansion tank would be a lot cheaper option.

But, as Muggles hinted, this is a Ravenheat. Many things have been known to fail on them.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks.......I've had an engineer out to have a look as the pressure on the gauge was down to 1bar cold and 3bar when hot.....the vessel was re-pressurised(1bar). The pressure on the gauge is now 1.1 when cold and 2 when hot.....a slight improvement.

You can only repressurise properly by having zero pressure in the system ALL the time while you pump in the air.

we had an external vessel installed on an old combi cost about £200. Previous fitter had written off the boiler due to expansion vessel fail....

I don't have the room unfortunately for a an external vessel as the boiler is in a small cupboard in the bathroom. The original will have to be replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back