Expensive IEC home cinema leads...just a kettle lead or what

Sponsored Links
I thought cable was made from pure copper anyway? not like pipes which are an alloy for added rigidity..

Given the vast prices on that website, you might assume that the items offered for sale are of the highest possible quality.

They are not.
"Our Crimping Set includes a crimping tool and a variety of terminations to terminate your earth cable - useful when adding additional earth cables to your equipment or connecting your earth cable to your earth spike."

And the size of the stud on top of an earth rod is.......

Sponsored Links
Going back a few posts, I really liked the sound of your Blu-tak mod, BAS. Unfortunately I don't have vinyl, but I do have a CD player. Would your mod work on that? I've attempted the mod as I think it should be installed - trying to damp the chaotic interactions between the CD and it's tray. I just wanted to check with you that it was OK before closing the drawer and doing some listening tests...

So what improvements should I expect to hear? I'm thinking perhaps a wider, more detailed and realistic soundstage, improved musicality and rhythm, tighter bass, more presence in the midrange and noticably better separation of the highs. Just... harmonically fuller. That about right?

Cheers,

Liam

No - that's not right. Because of the higher spin-speed of CDs compared to vinyl you need much longer and thinner pieces of BluTak to deal with the shorter wavelength vibrations.

Try a single piece, applied in a spiral running in the opposite direction to the CD rotation.

Also, if that's one of the Marantzes with the copper chassis I assume you do dismantle it regularly (at least weekly), and polish the chassis to remove all the oxidation?

Be warned - there are unscrupulous people out there who will try to sell you expensive polish for that - don't listen to them, regular Brasso works just as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back