Exploding ( very loud *bangs*) Potterton Promax HE Boiler

Hi

I have the same problem with my boiler, which is a Potterton Promax HE. Please can you let me know if your solution worked.

The bang is really really loud and being a girl I am not going to try and fix it!!!

:cry:

Sponsored Links
Mikeyboy said:
Best course of action is,call Heat-Team[ number on baxi website], for a fixed price guaranteed repair.Alternatively arrange a call with British Gas to attend on a fixed price guaranteed repair of your boiler.On this boiler there have been quite a few modifications to the P.C.B.Re,moving fixed jumpers on the existing p.c.b.,alters the operation of the gas valve ,ignition and pressure to the burner.This type of work requiries a competant CORGI engineer.If you follow my advice,you will have a boiler with low start up ignition noise,smoother running, and you and your neighbours will be SAFE and happy.PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!Have the work carried out by a proffessionally competant engineer.Do not attempt any more hit and miss objectives,for your own safety.

Heat Team came out today and replaced the igntion...bit. Complete boiler guaranteed for 1 year, labour & parts. Cost about £250.00

Cheers.

Hi, I have the same problem, did your solution work? :cry:

Cheers[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back