Explosive Ignition

c55,c40 are tricky to repair,but can be repaired if economical to do so.
i will do a list of fault finding ,once i've sorted how to download pics.
im doing a list for me engineer mates.
nothing worse than getting stuck on boilers late at night.

Did you ever get round to doing that list Kestonman? Have a C40 I was at tonight where the potentiometer is only going to 20 degrees on ch. Hw pot is at 61.

New pots required?

Sponsored Links
is the tempreture irratic,when moving dial,if so its the pot.
is the dial fastened to the spindle corectly ,a screw holds it in check that
there is a perameter setting buttons hidden below the fascia panel,below the dials,u need to ask keston to check this whith u there,the settings
tell the boiler what tempreture to reach ect.and does it say off when u turn dial.
check this first before u go towards the control boards ,relays.

im getting rusty on these kestons now :)

is the tempreture irratic,when moving dial,if so its the pot.
is the dial fastened to the spindle corectly ,a screw holds it in check that
there is a perameter setting buttons hidden below the fascia panel,below the dials,u need to ask keston to check this whith u there,the settings
tell the boiler what tempreture to reach ect.and does it say off when u turn dial.
check this first before u go towards the control boards ,relays.

im getting rusty on these kestons now :)
Yeh as you turn the ch pot from min to max it goes zero 20 (at about 3/4 of the way round) then back to zero when turned up at max. Went through the info settings with Keston tech tonight he said pot or relay change pot first. He touched on the parameters but didn't go through them (probably as it was 16:55 :D). anyway linked l1 and l2 to give ch till the part arrives as 2 port and cyl stat will still control hw.

Sponsored Links
perfectly normal thing to start thinking about really. You'd be amazed at the subjects which pop into your head completely randomly...

I was thinking the other night about the advantages of tarmaccing africa over.

Its has huge pluses - itll cure unemployment in Africa cos of all the labourers you'd need, cause a boom in the tarmac and transport industries, make it easier to go on safari AND PARK, and you can send road sweepers round regularly to keep the savannah nice and tidy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back