Explosive Ignition

8.4 - 9.6%, if the gas rate is correct. I'd say get working pressure checked and if it's ok you'll probably have an old ranco valve which can be swapped out out for a sit and should solve that problem.

Sponsored Links
the burner needs to be removed once a year so a new gasket is required,as per the people who made them,(range).

potterton took over this company
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Remember and order the baffles too as they will undoubtedly be broken in the tubes on this hateful turd.

Remember and order the baffles too as they will undoubtedly be broken in the tubes on this hateful turd.

A joy to get out especially when the top has corroded and the baffle has dropped into the heat ex.
I have a tool for cleaning wastes but it serves better as a baffle remover than a waste clearer

Sponsored Links
yes,these boilers need more attention during an annual service than my car,i lived in a new build estate where they were fitted.
a leading gas service company had many of these on their contracts but they called in another company to maintain them until they were trained to maintain powermax.
as soon as the leading gas company took over the repair/service work they would in good faith or inexperience snap off the bolts that secure the burner flange onto the heat exchanger and say you need a new boiler now.
as the boilers were usually left dismantled we got an engineer to replace the hank nuts and then days a corgi registered guy to carry out the repairs and recommission the boilers.

if in doubt make it into a sale...

yes,these boilers need more attention during an annual service than my car,i lived in a new build estate where they were fitted.
a leading gas service company had many of these on their contracts but they called in another company to maintain them until they were trained to maintain powermax.
as soon as the leading gas company took over the repair/service work they would in good faith or inexperience snap off the bolts that secure the burner flange onto the heat exchanger and say you need a new boiler now.
as the boilers were usually left dismantled we got an engineer to replace the hank nuts and then days a corgi registered guy to carry out the repairs and recommission the boilers.

if in doubt make it into a sale...

If thats a thinly veiled swipe at BG it's worth mentioning that Baxi themselves recommended that only they could perform that repair and BG's team of legal eagles decided not to potentially kill more customers with repairs on an already deadly turd.

Well in my humble opinion its better not to kill your customers as there will be less people to sell powerflushes,new installations,new boilers, upgrades etc.
see page 2 of bg swell manual. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back