exrtactor fan isolator switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help Somebody,

I wish to install an isolator switch for my bathroom extractor fan. Should it be a double pole switch, 3 pole switch,10 amps,20 amps etc,etc pls help

Noel

Sponsored Links
noel said:
Help Somebody,

I wish to install an isolator switch for my bathroom extractor fan. Should it be a double pole switch, 3 pole switch,
That depends on whether your fan has just a switched live and neutral supply, or a permanent live as well. Does it run on for a while after it's switched off?

How much do you know about fan circuits and electrical wiring in general?

10 amps,20 amps etc,etc pls help
Nothing like that - does the fan not have any info on it to say what rating it is?

Just get a 3-pole fan isolation switch.

ban-all-sheds said:
noel said:
Help Somebody,

I wish to install an isolator switch for my bathroom extractor fan. Should it be a double pole switch, 3 pole switch,
That depends on whether your fan has just a switched live and neutral supply, or a permanent live as well. Does it run on for a while after it's switched off?

How much do you know about fan circuits and electrical wiring in general?

10 amps,20 amps etc,etc pls help
Nothing like that - does the fan not have any info on it to say what rating it is?

Just get a 3-pole fan isolation switch.

Dont know much about fans or electrical wiring. Not doin the installation myself. Just an enthusiast. However, I need to buy an isolation switch then get someone to install .Yes it has an integrated adjustable timer timer and works with the light switch. Rating of the fan is 37 watts, 240 volts

noel said:
Dont know much about fans or electrical wiring. Not doin the installation myself. Just an enthusiast.
But not enough of an enthusiast to DIY?

However, I need to buy an isolation switch then get someone to install .Yes it has an integrated adjustable timer timer and works with the light switch.
Then you do need a 3-pole one.

Rating of the fan is 37 watts, 240 volts
Then that'll be 0.15A, won't it....
Odd that your enthusiasm doesn't extend to learning even the most basic electrical theory....

Sponsored Links
Threepole switches for fans are only ever either 6A or 10A, with or without an X.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back