extending a cooker circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have moved kitchens from one room, to the next room in my flat. I have extended the ring to add two double sockets to the new kitchen.

The problem I have is the cooker circuit will need to be replaced or extended.

I have checked the wiring of the cooker, and its on its own RCD at the CU.

Ideally I would like to extend the existing wiring, the cable runs in the loft since I am on the top floor of the flats, put in a junction box, now I cant seem to find any junction boxes over 30amps, are there any? or is that a indication I shouldn't be putting one in?

I plan to have a cooker connection and on the same circuit a socket switch, so I guess I should have a 45amp double pole cooker switch with 13 amp socket with neon and 45A DP Cooker Connection Unit.

All of this to be run on 6mm twin and earth cable, does all the above sound OK?

I am thinkin a whole new circuit to the CU would be the best, but I don't want to do that my self (hooking up a new cable system into the CU i am not entirely sure on) whereas I can do the above my self, but will only do this if it is safe.

I understand this is part P, but I live in scotland and believe this is not applicable, any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
OK bought that junction box and received nice and speedy, had a few other items from TLC, must say, quit impressed with them,

Thanks again. :p

They've got quite a bit of business from this site. Think they know?

Sponsored Links
Of course we know

JohnD
Sales & Marketing Director

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back