moving CCU and Cooker outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to finalise my new kitchen layout.

I've currently got a freestanding electric cooker which is hardwired into a cooker outlet then to a 45A CCU (with socket) and back to the CU via 6mm twin and earth and a 30A breaker. The existing wiring comes down the wall to the CCU and then left and down to the cooker outlet.

I want to have a high level double oven (20A) and a gas hob. Where I want to position the full height cabinet for the oven puts it right over the existing CCU so it would need to be moved.

Will it be possible to simply extend the existing wiring or am I going to need a new cable right back to the CU? I hoping it will be possible to have a suitably rated junction box inside the existing CCU backing box which would then have a blanking plate fitted. The wiring would then extend to a new 45A CCU (without socket) and then on to the cooker outlet.

I'll be employing someone qualified to do this work but I need to budget for it. If a new cable back to the CU is required then I'll probably just go for a built under oven and leave the existing wiring in place.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back