Extending brick plinth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.

We've currently got 2 brick plinths that are two brick lengths square and about a metre high. The hollow centre is filled with concrete. From these brick plinths our 5 bar gate is hung from hinges put into the brickwork when it was being built.

My plan is to extend the plinths higher in order to get some taller gates.

My question is can I simply add to the brickwork to the height required and fill the middle void with concrete.

Would something have to be done to make sure the new brickwork bonds with the old.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Free standing pillars with low stone walls either side. Timber fence posts coming out of the stone walls and finished with featheredge board to a height just above the pillars.

Sponsored Links
Simpliest way would be to drill a few holes into the concrete core and resin some lenghts of allthread into those holes, build up the brickwork and then fill in with concrete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back