extending kitchen into garge??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I have just purchased a repo house and is need of some tlc.

The biggest job is to nock the pokey little kitchen into the back of the garge that is currently being used as a util.

Now the house is a link detached with the other garge wall being the side of the neighbours house.

As it stands the garge is approx 6" lower (floor/ceiling) than the kitchen, its no probs for me to raise the floor so its level with the kitchen but im not sure about the roof, i wouldnt mind leaving it as it would still be 6' 6"ish high but ideally i would want it level with the kitchen if its not going to cost thousands to sort out.

The roof on the garge is a flat roof that runs level from front to back so would it be best to stager the roof having it 6" higher where it meets the wall seperating the garage from the util?? or to have a sloping tiled roof running from the parting wall to the back??

also any ideas on cost involved for this sort of job?

Sponsored Links
Thought about putting a pitched roof on? We've had quotes of around 4k to replace our flat garage roof with a tiled pitched one. I've never had a flat roof that hasn't leaked!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back