extending shower-room/bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey folks, just looking for some tips, im thinking of extending my shower-room/bathroom. It backs onto a cupboard in my livingroom, so would add another 4 or 5 feet approx, anyone had any dealings with this kinda rebuild? looking maybe to make a wet-room kinda shower at end of shower-room. all ideas, rough costings useful websites would be helpful

Sponsored Links
you will have to treat it as a complete re build, drainage, walling, electrics, tiling etc. the cost per sq metre will be quite high so be prepared to budget for this.

It depends on how much you are moving things about. If you're just adding a shower area it might not be too expensive. I recently removed a partition wall between a small cupboard and a tiny WC and turned it into a small shower/wet room. You can buy the shower tray and tanking kits which you tile over. The instructions are simple and came with a DVD - the plumber hadn't done it before but managed it no problem. Think about putting down underfloor heating too as it can help with drying out the floor. The most expensive part was buying the tiles!

Sponsored Links
cheers for the replies, it would consist of moving shower and installing a new one back about 5 feet, seen a company that supplies materials for wet rooms

gonna look into it more in new year

thanx again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back