Extension lead into the central heating socket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to get some power into my loft for an Ariel booster. The nearest power source is in my airing cupboard .. which has a single socket for the central heating

My question is:

Could I plug an extension lead into the single socket in the airing cupboard, and off that have the central heating and run a cable into the loft for the Ariel booster?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Our aerial booster runs off the upstairs lighting circuit. Easily accessible from inside the loft.

Change the single socket for a double. You don’t want to be running an boiler from an extension socket.

Sponsored Links
Our aerial booster runs off the upstairs lighting circuit. Easily accessible from inside the loft.
I don’t mean from a socket in the upstairs lighting circuit either. Hard wired into it. No chance that someone could plug in a 3Kw heater. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back