Extension roofwater discharge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

Planning an extension on a terraced house.

Need ideas to discharge rain water from a 4m extension roof, best i can think of is into a water butt, then overflow into new main drain.

Soakway = none starter as i live on flood land which already has a high water table.

Is above ok?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A high water table does not preclude having a soak away. You may need to do ground perculation tests to prove that a soakaway is not viable.

There won't be any extra water falling on your property in total, so where did the water go before that feel in the footprint of the extension?
On ours it was a patio that drained into the sewer so afterwards there wasn't really a change. But if it currently soaks into the ground then it should be able to soak away in theory.

Sponsored Links
o_O so tell Building Control rainwater disposal from the extension doesn't matter :!:
I'm not the op.
as i mentioned in the post, in our case we dropped it into the existing drain as per the existing patio.
they didn't query the plans in any way or mention it later on site.

Do you mean rainwater pipe discharging to surface water drain with a diverter on the rwp into a water butt ?

First divert to waterbutt, once it starts to overflow then into the surface drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back