exterior wall painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know anything about the products used by a company called 'Never Paint Again'? I am thinking about painting the outside of my house and their products sound attractive but, I always thought the walls of a house had to breathe and surely by putting a waterproof coating on, this stops this from happening. Any comments would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Ive not heard of that particular company but i have seen house done with similar treatments. They look good to start with, but then it starts to come off and looks dreadful. Your right in that as its a totally waterproof coating it doesnt allow the brickwork to beathe properly and i think this adds to the problems.

:D
Hi I stumbled across your post from a few months ago. I have to correct the person who says it comes after after a while, it does NOT and if an exterior wall coating is done correctly, it will last for a very long time thank you!

Yes wall coatings are waterproof but they are MICROPOROUS and act like a skin, allowing the walls to breath, our teams always use Andura coatings, and if you go to their website, you will see full bba and bsi accreditation on each product, which means the paints and coatings do exactly what they say, if applied correctly, and the manufacturer has been going since the 1970's so i am sure they are doing something right!

We have applied wall coatings to literally thousands of houses since the 1980's and very rarely do any problems happen!

If a wall coating was to SEAL UP the house then yes it would come off, and this is the same for normal paint too but it doesnt apply to ours

Just putting the records straight there ok! Ta. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back