External Access Point Pipe - how to . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with an external pipe issue I have?

Basically, I need to detached the washing machine wastage pipe from access pipe on the attached picture.

I can easily take this off however does anyone who what I can use to cover/block the side junction on the access pipe?

Hope the image shows through@

//media.diynot.com/126000_125249_38999_51583178_thumb.jpg?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this; wouldn't the blank cap without the screw/nut be better?

It is the bottom 90 degree elbow that I want to detach from the main pipe.

I think 32/40 and 50mm can connect to it (don't know what size is connecting on the picture.

Thanks

Thanks for this; wouldn't the blank cap without the screw/nut be better?

It is the bottom 90 degree elbow that I want to detach from the main pipe.

I think 32/40 and 50mm can connect to it (don't know what size is connecting on the picture.

Thanks

Yes you're right it probably would. I'm off to Specsavers. :oops:

Sponsored Links
:D

Thank you for posting the link though; think it will solve my problem.

Have a good one

Sheraz

Looking a bit closer, the blank cap is meant to be used inside other fittings so you'll still need to insert it into a screwed connector, either a straight or an elbow.

I don't know whether anyone here would recommend using it with an adhesive instead.

I've managed to find the size of the outer pipe, it's 7cm!

Right, the question is to find a blank 7cm end cap, any know which online supplier will have is?

Tried the link Jack gave me but that cap is too small at 1.25" inch

Thanks

You wont find anything to fit over the boss connection. Only method would be to remove the pipework and fit a access cap, maybe advisable to replace boss adaptor (rubber insert) at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back