external beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
was cleaning our double glazed windows this morning and it is the first time i have noticed that the beading is on the outside of the windows..i think you know what i'm going to ask next...God i wished i had of noticed these before i got these fitted several years ago now....i mean can anybody come along and pop these windows out? :!:

Sponsored Links
They are probably fitted with either security tape (you'll notice foam strip instead of rubber seal inside the window) or "wedge" gasketed in so that the beads cannot be removed without the wedge being removed first from the inside. I have changed a few units mind you when the beads have popped off with a glazing knife and the glass practically fell out on me. But that hasn't been the case very often, so i'm sure yours will be just fine ;)

i can see like a black foam tape, why dont they put the beads on the inside ? when manufatured...

The only reason why a company would want to make all windows externally glazed is because they do not have to invest in a seperate reverse-butt welder to make them....... They are cheaper to make!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back