External Device Threat

S

Shutpa

Walked into the room just as the following message appeared and my computer closed down.

"Windows has detected a threat from an external device and is closing down" or words to that effect it was so quick.

Tried to restart a few times but as soon as the 'welcome' the computer shuts down. Has anyone else had a similar problem or can point me in the right direction?

Sponsored Links
Not seen that one before..maybe that your computer is infected...try downloading and running 'Malwarebytes'. You may have to go into safemode to do this...

This is the totally software side problem as your operating system is been corrupted due to malvares. So, you just need to to take a backup of the data from your hard disk and then format the computer. In this case you can not take backup of your data while keeping the HD in the computer. You are needed to remove it from the computer and using drive connector you have to take back up in some another computer and then refit it in the computer and then format the whole computer.

This is the totally software side problem as your operating system is been corrupted due to malvares. So, you just need to to take a backup of the data from your hard disk and then format the computer. In this case you can not take backup of your data while keeping the HD in the computer. You are needed to remove it from the computer and using drive connector you have to take back up in some another computer and then refit it in the computer and then format the whole computer.

I really don't understand how you can make this assumption from such limited information and tell the user to take such drastic action.

Bolo, could you explain how this message was displayed to you? Was it in a balloon tip in the bottom corner, dialog box, or blue screen?

It would also be beneficial to know whether your machine starts up in safe mode, you can find instructions of how to do this here: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...l/proddocs/en-us/boot_failsafe.mspx?mfr=true.

Also what external peripherals do you currently have connected to your machine? I suppose it could be possible that the error you saw was "A hardware device has malfunctioned" and each time the driver for that device is loaded it crashes, slim though possible.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys and thanks for the replies. Didn't think I was getting an answer so called in the local computer firm. The guy Isolated the various things attached one at a time and almost gave up with only the printer left. When this was disconnected the computer started up instantly. Problem solved for £40 and computer working fine with an old printer we had in the attic.

Must have been as I described with the driver load causing the crash, glad to know you've had the problem fixed and for a reasonable price.

Back