External pump??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have an Ideal Vogue c40 boiler and it's been working fine until I added 3 more radiators to the end of the line (big ones!).

Now these radiators are a very long way from the boiler and just don't get warm no matter how much I turn the others down with the lockshield. I can't find a maximum pipe run in the Vogue manual but I must be close or over it.

Can I add an external pump to the system to boost it? If so, what do you recommend and do I install it on the flow or return (or does it matter?).

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
nope not that easy you need a pro to balance the whole system

Do the new radiators get hot if you turn all the old ones off completely?

Sponsored Links
Ah ok thanks. Just checked again and with all the others off, the last one gets warm on the flow pipe but the return is luke warm at best.

Hi all, I have an Ideal Vogue c40 boiler and it's been working fine until I added 3 more radiators to the end of the line (big ones!).
So there is more water flowing through the original pipes. Have they been upsized (if necessary) to take account of this?
What temperature differential are you using when balancing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back