External siren box help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted a new wireless system that's working fine. I've still got the old wired siren fitted to the house & id like to use that too - its wired down to the new control panel.

Having opened it up it looks like the Scottish Gas shysters haven't connected the tamper circuit or the back-up battery!

Any one know which connections I need to make & the ones on the control panel too? Its a response.

Existing wires still connected: Black, Red & Blue.

This is the control panel diagram:

126d40i.jpg

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
First what's the date on the risco sounder ? Can't see from the picture, it may be one. Of the " chirping ones " if so don't connect it... How much current is available from your reponse control panel for aux devices ? The battery which has not been connected may be faulty and could damage your new control panel. What make and model is your new control panel ?

First what's the date on the risco sounder ? Can't see from the picture, it may be one. Of the " chirping ones " if so don't connect it... How much current is available from your reponse control panel for aux devices ? The battery which has not been connected may be faulty and could damage your new control panel. What make and model is your new control panel ?

risco sounder date - I cant see anything on it, it does work though

How much current is available from your reponse control panel for aux devices - I've no idea, and it doesnt say but it is designed for an external siren

Understand battery condition and to be honest I'm not too fussed about using it for tamper.

The Panel is a Response Globalguard one:

http://www.friedland.co.uk/en-GB/Se...d/Documents/HISK1- Hardware manual 270912.pdf

If I could get the warning light & alarm to sound i'd be happy.
Thanks mate - in anticipation.

No 12v output so you would have to get a power supply for your bell box or buy the response wire free version

Sponsored Links
No 12v output so you would have to get a power supply for your bell box or buy the response wire free version

Already have the wireless bell box. According to their manual you can add a wired box/siren too? Hence im trying to use old existing box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back