External socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently wanting to install a IP rated socket on my external wall of the house to enable me to use this for lawn mower, etc...

I have a conservatory that I presume had the downstairs ring circuit extended into it, I have since added small LED decking lights fused at 3amp and with small drop down 12v transformer spurred off the socket in conservatory.

As these LED's are such a small load and I know you are not meant to spur off a socket that already has spur from it, I was wondering if this would be ok in this instance.

Sponsored Links
As these LED's are such a small load and I know you are not meant to spur off a socket that already has spur from it, I was wondering if this would be ok in this instance.
No. Regardless of what the load is today, someone could replace those LED lights with something else in the future.

If the conservatory sockets are on a ring, why not just extend the ring to include the new socket?

If it turns out that these socket are not on an extended ring, and have been spurred off, if you can install a fcu at the point where the spur comes from the original ring then you can put a number of sockets and points from there on..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back