External socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a clipsall two gang external socket with built in RCD and have one question I was hoping you could help with - there is no terminal in the socket for the earth - where does that go?

Sponsored Links
never seen one, but are you sure?

picture?

(posting a picture info is in forum information)

ethans,

There will be an earth terminal, though I can't advise where it will be. If the connections are made to the RCD part then that may only have Live and Neutral connections, but the back of the socket will have an earth - it may be that there is a cover over it that has to be taken off?

Did you get any wiring instructions with it? I found some technical drawings here but they don't seem to have that exact model.

Gavin

Sponsored Links
There were uglier, this one was certainly the looker of the bunch.

The wiring diagram was useless. I searched the web as well and found no better. I also emailed them about it, no response.

I'll have a look again tonight, but I did search the thing inside and out not finding anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back