External soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
i am planning(thinking of) moving the outside soil pipe over a few inches to enable space for a side door to be fitted.
has anyone done this before?

or any tips/advice would be handy thanks

regards
Andy Bill

Sponsored Links
a few times..........if it`s iron take it down ...if it`s asbestos :eek: leave the country..........replace with plastic

yeah nige its 4" plastic , but is moving it a major job?
its the underground stuff im concerned about!
i know ill have to dig down but how deep?

come to think of it im not sure where the sewer maintenance cover is.
it may be on next doors driveway?

AndyBill said:
hi,
i am planning(thinking of) moving the outside soil pipe over a few inches to enable space for a side door to be fitted.
has anyone done this before?

or any tips/advice would be handy thanks

regards
Andy Bill

first thing is are there any toilets coupled directly to the stack? by this i mean, vertical stack with the loo directly opposite the stack. if so this makes moving the stack over a few inches tricky.

if the loo is off set and connects the stack via a 90 deg bend and a short length of pipe then lengthening or shortening the short piece of pipe is easy.

if it's direct you can skew the 'through wall' pipe section and use a cranked pan connector. this does look rather shoddy though.

the work below ground should be just a case of adding or removing a section of pipe to suit, depending on sewer direction.

you will need a shed full of tools for this job though. ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back