Extra radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help .I want to fit a radiator in a conservatory. I have a radiator in the lounge about a metre away.was wondering if I could feed off the 10mm pipes suppling that rad to supply the rad in conservatory. Or would I have to take a new feed from the upstairs main heating pipes which would be difficult to do .appreciate any help Stuart

Sponsored Links
Get some new feeds from upstairs. Its not a good idea teeing off of 10mm.

Thanks for your reply.I know it's not great idea running off 10mm feeds.but bedroom where I would have to run new feeds from has fitted wardrobes.which would mean dismantling part of them.

It wont work if you tee off 10mm pipes and depending on where you are it is not permissable to fit a radiator in a conservatory without zone control.

Sponsored Links
Must admit not sure myself interested in your point about zone control. As my daughter who lives nearby.has just had a conseveratory built by Malbern and they fitted a radiator without zone control.which gave me the idea to put one in mine.we live in Manchester

Wasn't sure myself.if it wold work.interested about Zone valve as my daughter ha just had a conservatory built by Malbern and they didn't put a zone valve in heating.we live in Manchester

They should have a separate heat source - Building Regs say they shouldn't be connected to the main heating system at all, even with a zone valve in place

Strange that because as I said earlier my daughter has just had a conservatory built by Malbern who put a radiator in hers .and never mentioned about building regs .

Just because they did it, doesn't mean it was correct - the regs changed in October 2011, so quite a while ago now and they should be up to speed.

Well as you are not interested in professional advice just plough on and do whatever you want.

Just because they did it, doesn't mean it was correct - the regs changed in October 2011, so quite a while ago now and they should be up to speed.
Does it not only need an independent heat system with separate controls if you want the entire conservatory free from building regs i.e if the radiator is connected to the main house the conservatory has to be notified, if its separate no notification is required?

Fookin Part L building regs b*llox. Nobody gives a flying Fook.

Seeing as you need to run pipes back to main F&R in loft..... it would be no stress to fit an M/V.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back