Extra Security Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a security light above my front door, if i add a junction box between the light itself and the lighting circuit then connect this light to the junction box can I run another wire from the junction box to an additional security light I want to put up at the rear, the existing light is a PIR activated one and the rear one will be aswell.

Sponsored Links
since no one has mentioned it..
PART-P.. please look it up in the wiki..
and be aware that you're not supposed to fit lights bigger than 150W ( it's in the building regs somewhere.. have a look.. )

since no one has mentioned it..
PART-P.. please look it up in the wiki..
and be aware that you're not supposed to fit lights bigger than 150W ( it's in the building regs somewhere.. have a look.. )
My neighbour has such a light overlooking the driveway between us. Would it be ok if I tapped into this to supply my new electric hob? ;)

Sponsored Links
if it's for an electric hob it may be advantageous to use 2 or more phases for it..
likely it will be internally wired for such and the removal of a link in the connection box will allow use in this fasion..

if it's for an electric hob it may be advantageous to use 2 or more phases for it..
likely it will be internally wired for such and the removal of a link in the connection box will allow use in this fasion..
Would two phases give me 415V?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back